Recently, the Nintendo official released the newest firmware version 5.0.0 for Switch. I dare to say many Switch players have already updated their Switch to this new system.
Let’s firstly take a look at what is new about the newest 5.0.0 system:
1. Supports adding new friends, new avatars, game news via Facebook and Twitter;
2. Select from 24 new ARMS and the Kirby series icons for your user;
3. Digital software purchases made from a PC or smart device will start downloading sooner than previously, even if the Nintendo Switch console is in Sleep Mode;
4. Nintendo Switch Pro Controller grip colors will now display in the Controllers menu.
However, this innocuous update unexpectedly leads to small probability of Switch console brick issue!
After updating to 5.0.0, some players who use third party dock bricked their Switch! Furthermore, this issue occurs in a worldwide range. The actual case is like this: the Switch won’t turn on, and at the same time all the save data seems to be lost. Worst of all, currently there isn’t any solution.
How terrible! However, we could calm down first, because the TGBUS review team have actually tested and confirmed that the KACOSATA Hub and Dock sold in our store both can be properly connected under the Switch 5.0 system, and TV mode undergoes smoothly. (test video is can be found at the bottom)
KACOSATA power adapter, as has been tested, can be in normal use under 5.0 system.
Nevertheless, hereby TGBUS kindly warn that to be on the safe side and to prevent the risk of brick, it’s recommended that customers currently ride the fence for some time. For now, you could use the Nintendo official Switch dock set to connect to TV, and be careful of using 3rd party accessories.
If you indeed need to use 3rd party accessories, please pay attention to the following aspects:
1. Ensure secure as well as stable power connection;
2. Remember plug/unplug HDMI cable AFTER powering off;
3. Firstly connect the cables properly, and then connect Switch to the dock.
Following is the test video of KACOSATA dock on physical the Switch console.
KACOSATA Mini Dock tested on Switch 5.0